Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Break

Okay I would like to say that I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been incredibly busy and I have been going through problems of my own....

My family and I don't do the traditional version of Thanksgiving with a giant turkey with stuffing and all of the family come over to eat. My mother had marinated some pork the day before to cook the next day. The pork stayed in the oven for most of the day until around 3:30 pm. We roasted some potatoes and made a mix of fresh green beans and carrots that were buttered. In a pot on the stove, we had made yuca which is a type of root that tastes really good. On a different plate there were Hawaiian sweet bread rolls.

For dessert, we didn't have pumpkin pie or any type of pie actually. My mom had made a cheese flan that sits on top of a lemon cake which was very delicious despite the weird combination.

Since most of my family lives in Puerto Rico, they couldn't come over to eat so it was just my mom, her boyfriend, my brother and sister, and me. Even though we don't eat the same as other families would, it was still fun. Watching movies, driving around and just laughter overall. But that was mine... You can comment below on how your Thanksgiving was. (^.^)

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YICuUtkjlg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the turkey was cold the greenbeans were dry the cake was wet we only water and all the food was raw overall 6/10 stars

    ReplyDelete